Wednesday 15 November 2017

Friday Night Magic

By: Dozer

Friday was a long day but when 1830/630 pm came around I was able to join Doc, Wolf, and Doc's awesome girlfriend for some fun and bombastic games of Commander.

I'm away on work a lot these days and getting in a game or two of Magic the Gathering feels great. We played two games of 4 player Commander or EDH. Wolf played a modified version of the recently released deck Arcane Wizardry. It sports Grixis colours (Black allied with Blue and Red) with a focus on Wizard tribal synergies. He played with Kess as his commander.

Doc played a homebrewed Orzhov (Black and White) deck with Kambal as his commander. He had a focus on curses and large powerful creatures. Meanwhile his girlfriend was playing the Draconic  Domination deck with the Ur-Dragon as her commander.

I was playing my Blue toolbox deck with Jace as my commander. It's designed to cause upsets and neat plays. Like below you can see I have both creatures trapped in the ice putting a target on my back.


The games were fun and some of the best EDH I've played in quite some time. No one has a deck that walked over everyone else. There were plenty bombastic plays from each player. Everyone brought out neat tricks and pulled out plays that caught everyone off guard.

It was a great night with mates playing a great casual game.


No comments:

Post a Comment