Saturday 24 March 2018

Adepticon News - Tunguska

By: Dozer

Edit: New images replaced my original ones.

So it dropped go here if you haven't seen the video. I just start putting down posts and Corvus Belli does this to me.

Adepticon information has been released! We are going to see a few new minis but for me there is only one thing I have been waiting since Campaign: Paradiso, the Tunguska Jurisdictional Command sectorial army list.

Now we've been hit with a slew of new minis over the years since N3 that has been leading to this news. The most famous of the Tunguska units, the Interventor was redone to the new N3 standard. The box had two Interventors and two Fast Pandas. After that we got the Operation: Ice Storm that included the new Grenzer. Since then we got some updated Spektrs before last August when the new Kriza Borac was released with Beyond: Ice Storm and the update to the Szalamandra was seen.

I knew once the Securitate was updated it would be a new starter box and the release of my long awaited final sectorial to the Nomad nation.


So what did we find out and how did it compare to my guesses I made a few months back?


What I guessed would be in the box/army pack/army list

1. three (prob two) new Securitate
2. a new sculpt for the Grenzer
3. two new units for the sectorial
4. a second Kriza Borac
5. a new remote for Tunguska
6. an inject of Merc units similar to the Qapu Kalqi sectorial for Haqqislam

First off I was on the money with the Securitate. Full points! Looks like only two new sculpts for starter box but probably because of the large based Kriza Borac.



Secondly a new sculpt for the Grenzer in the box was off - way off but Carlos did mention that he is going to get a Fireteam. He also mentioned it's been wait to long since we saw a new Grenzer sculpt so that means it will have new weapon profile. It's not in the box but it will be coming down range so half score?


Next up we have exactly two new units - so far I'm winning this game. We get a second hacker unit with the Heckler hopefully a cheap alternative to the Interventor who will take up a Assault Hacking role in the sectorial or maybe we get a defensive hacker finally!


We also get the Hollowmen that we alluded to in the video to the folks at the Rumble on Route 66. Carlos explains that they will be "brains in jars" - think the Major from Ghost in the Shell, Alita in Battle Angel Alita, and even Cain from RoboCop 2. Now I'm not sure if these will count as a new REM (Remote) unit because that would also knock off guess number 5.


Next we were told of the new Kriza Borac so full point for me. 3.5 of 4 not bad for me so far. I expect the SWC box will fill it out and be used more often. 


A new remote is up in the air and yet to be finalised. Depending on how CB categorizes them I could be right. They could go the way of the Kamakuri Project and count as HI (Heavy Infantry) instead of REM (Remotes). No points but the score can't adjust once we know more. 


My last guess is for when we get info on the army listing and after Rumble. With the way NA2 was bumped it seems like Tunguska may not lean into the Mercs as I had predicted. Probable fail but we'll wait until more info comes down range. 


All of this is due in June as well. 

Oh yeah there is also a slew of JSA releases in the same months. 

- Cheers

Dozer

No comments:

Post a Comment