Friday 3 November 2017

Introduction: The Doctor

Name - 
Joshua, aka

Where are you - 
Montreal, Quebec

Who are you -
I'm a (generally) jolly and friendly university med student. Working part-time as a reservist and as a commission painter under the alias The White Gobbo. I enjoy BBQ, having a good time with friends and colleagues, outdoor activities like hiking, and strategic/tactical games. I started wargaming in 2002 when a very good friend of mine introduced me to Warhammer Fantasy Battles fifth and sixth edition (the golden age of that universe).

Ever since then, I've picked up many games and books and enjoy teaching newcomers the basics of wargaming and other activities like painting.

I'm an easygoing type of player and the most important thing for me is to have fun, though I do enjoy some friendly competition from time to time.

What are you playing on the table - 
I'm currently enrolled in two RPG campaigns and I play whenever I can a large variety of miniature wargames; including historical, sci-fi, and fantasy. I spend most of my hobby time painting minis for other people since I work as a commission painter during my free time.

Play Style - 
Depends on the game but I like fighting from the back, supporting my allies/being the mastermind, or being a tank that can shield everyone around.

Top irk(s) at the table - 
Players who stomp newcomers on their first games when they are learning the rules.No matter the game, there's no reason to make a power list to crush a new player who's just starting out.

People who can't leave their cellphone aside for two seconds, unless they are waiting for an important call or the like.

The dice gods, because I throw so many ones you wouldn't believe it.

Current Gamer Projects - 
I'm converting and painting a tournament level Warhammer 40k Horus Heresy Thousand Sons army that I plan on presenting on an armies on parade competition with my custom made Egyptian themed board.

Last word -
“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.” 
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

No comments:

Post a Comment