Friday 28 April 2017

Infinity May Release Review

By: Canadian Tabletop Gamers

Every month we will be reviewing the new minis for Infinity.

This month we have a slew of new faces for our first collaborative post. We have Antonius, Burns, Dozer, and Forgotten giving us their feedback. A few re-packaged minis seeing new life alongside some brilliant looking releases that has become the hallmark of Corvus Beli.

O-Yoroi 
Pilot Faction: Yu Jing (JSA)


"Dynamic pose but a little too much fan service for my taste."
- Forgotten **** (Above the Standard)

"Good pose, but the outfit doesn't seem that practical for a pilot."
- Burns *** (Meets the Standard)

"The mini looks fantastic but it looses some of the charm with being 'skimpy' with the outfit. The pose is great, I love the action in the sculpt with the drawn sword but I want to see the Contender collapsed on her back - just something a bit more"
- Dozer **** (Above the Standard)

5th Minutemen Regiment "Ohio"
Faction: Ariadna (USAriadna)


"Amazing sculpts. It is great to aee options to add multiple minutemen to a band. I don't play USAriadna myself, but this could change that."
- Antonius **** (Above the Standard)

"These guys look fantastic.  Variety of poses, have that low tech feel of Ariadna fluff. If I played them I would buy them."
- Forgotten ***** (Challenges the Standard)

"I like 'em. Also, reminds me a little of Cadians from back in my 40k days. Memories..."
- Burns **** (Above the Standard)

Major Lunha, Ex-Aristeia! Sniper
Faction: MERCS


"The pose I would normally dislike for a 'sniper' miniature, but knowing that this pose come from her time in Aristeia! makes sense what I see the mini. Favorite of the May releases."
- Dozer ***** (Challenges the Standard)

"I love the sculpt, save for the legs. It would have been very awesome if they had added some scenery to give her pose a bit more context."
- Antonius **** (Above the Standard)

"Dynamic pose, good detail, cool weapon. She looks slick."
- Forgotten **** (Above the Standard)

Gorgos Pilot 
Faction: Tohaa


"I'm not a fan of the faction's look, but the detail and pose is awesome."
- Dozer **** (Above the Standard)

"Cool details and interesting pose."
- Forgotten **** (Above the Standard)

Gecko Pilot 
Faction: Nomads (Corregidor)


"Maybe I am biased, as I play Nomads but I like the Geckos but I think this model looks awesome. Favorite of the May releases."
- Forgotten **** (Above the Standard)

"Corregidor got a slick pilot. As another Nomads player I have to say it seems we got some major love this month."
- Dozer **** (Above the Standard)

Dactyls, Steel Phalanx Support Pack (Re-box)
Faction: ALEPH (Steel Phalanx)


"Nice looking but what I have come to expect from the latest releases out of Corvis Belli."
- Forgotten *** (Meets the Standard)

"A solid set of minis. Seems like they are meeting a need and the best of the three re-packed sets"
- Dozer **** (Above the Standard)

Orc Troops (Re-Box)
Faction: PanOceana


"It may just be the colour scheme, but what I see is a 4-eyed, buck-toothed rabbit."
- Burns ** (Below the Standard)

"Both older models, ok minis but not to current Corvus Belli quality"
- Dozer *** (Meets the Standard)

"The HMG's legs look weird like she has to pee (maybe that is the photo angle) either way I think they can do better"
- Forgotten ** (Below the Standard)

Zerat Special Missions Regiment (Re-Box)
Faction: Combined Army (Morrat)


"I’m never been a big fan of the female Morat models: the long pink hair doesn’t seem to fit with the rest of the aesthetic. Looking past that, I put the new sniper well ahead of the hacker"
- Burns *** (Meets the Standard)

"The hair reminds me of the terrible wildcat sculpt otherwise it looks good."
- Forgotten *** (Meets the Standard)

"A bigger fan of the Sniper rifle. Has a nice pose without having unnecessary embellishments added. The hacker leaves something to be desired with its sculpt."
- Antonius *** (Meets the Standard)

No comments:

Post a Comment